"Glorious Fun"− RockPaperShotgun
"Greatest Indie Game Ever"− Crious Gamer
"Mario Kart w/ more rockets"− Kotaku
"#1 Multiplayer Game"− Northernlion
"Most Competitive Game Ever"− PewDiePie
In a city filled with superheroes, getting to crimes becomes a competition on its own. Fortunately there are enough rockets, bombs, grappling hooks, spikes, and other goodies lying around — to make the competition fun and fast. Welcome to SpeedRunners.
SpeedRunners is probably the most competitive game you’ll play in a while. It has a very short learning curve (hold RIGHT to run), and a very deep set of mechanics that enable for great, nerve-wrecking moments.
- Best played with an Xbox 360 Controller (keyboards supported)
- Goal is to run off-screen, leaving your enemies behind
- Single screen gaming, so the person infront has a disadvantage of not seeing what’s coming ahead
- Interactive environments with traps
- Power ups and weapon pick ups
- A full league system – level up with points
Local and Online Multiplayer
- Keep up with the fastest player in-game, or fall offscreen and get eliminated!
- Use weapons like missiles, mines and grappling hooks to screw over your friends, and make new enemies!
- Can you have 2 players on a couch against 2 other players on the internet? Yes of course!
- Bots enabled – play on your own with several AI opponents. Or put them into matches with other people!
- 9 Unique Maps + thousands of User Created Levels in Steam Workshop
Single Player Features
- A Single Player Campaign (based on the original SpeedRunner game)
- Find out the origins of SpeedRunner
- 30 Unique Time Trials-based Levels
- Hunt for medals and high scores
- Practice with bots
Steam Early Access
SpeedRunners is still in heavy development, which is why we went for Steam Early Access. We are adding and testing a lot of features, so the current state of the game is far from final.
About the Developers
SpeedRunners is originally developed by DoubleDutch Games and published/co-developed by tinyBuild GAMES.
Indies publishing other indies? What?
Originally developed by DoubleDutch Games and called “SpeedRunner HD”, the game released on Xbox Live Indie Games some time ago, with local multiplayer. The two indie studios decided to partner up and co-develop the game, where DoubleDutch handle all the core game design and code, while tinyBuild handles all visual/art and marketing aspects of the game.